This page has been mothballed.
It is no longer being updated but we've left it here for reference.
General Discussion and Conclusions
- Purpose of reviews
- Purpose of examples
- Purpose of overall product (education, demonstration, publicity?)
- Why the reviews and examples led to the recommendations
Observations to aid potential readers/users
There would be scope for streamlining the processing for each
product to reduce the number of hardware platforms and software packages
involved. For example, the photomontage work could be undertaken using
Photoshop housed on either a Silicon Graphics or a PC; the topographic exposure
calculations could be implemented within Idrisi, on a PC; a simplified
fly-through could be undertaken within Erdas Imagine (using the VGIS module).
Potential future developments
- Issues of realism and generalization
- Link to landscape character
- Technical ("crystal ball gazing")